In 2023, Little Black Book is working harder than ever to make your life easier - starting with our new library and credit system.
Credits are now linked and clickable, making it simpler for member companies to promote their talent to potential clients - and for clients to find new collaborators.
We have built this to help the business we love, and we believe that it will, especially as times change and the industry faces new challenges and pressures. As ever on Little Black Book, there is no paywall: this fully clickable library is free to view and use to everyone.
We have input 1.5 million credits into a library that is truly searchable. Of course, cleaning the data is an ongoing process - we are still making our way through old stories and assets but all current news stories and work assets are being input straight into this new system. Why are we doing all this? Of course, potential clients want to look at what a company does, but they also want to see the talent within those companies. On Little Black Book there are 200,000 credited people that you can now research, tied to the companies they work for. From creatives to directors, colourists, editors, producers and more - all completely free to view.
But that’s not all. We will soon release a whole new site that is going to be a game changer for readers and members alike. The Little Black Book platform will behave like the IMDB of advertising, integrated with a great news channel and rad award show.
We’re excited for the industry to get to grips with this new, free way of working and researching - so here are a few pointers to help members make the most of it.
1) Make sure someone from your company is telling us the names of your talent, such as your directors, artists, colourists, editors, strategists and creatives. Send us a list and with that information we can assign those people to your company page membership. I can and will happily show users the benefit and impact of this process - just mail me on email@example.com.
2) Ask your talent to get a free, personal LBB login here
if they haven’t already. If they contact us we can tie that personal login to their credit entity, and their photo will appear in credits.
3) Related to the above point, a profile with an image will get viewed and opened MUCH more. We are a visual bunch!
4) Upload all of your best work to Little Black Book. We have 400,000 users on the site every month and they are already clicking through this new credit system. But remember: this is not just about the work that won awards, it’s about what is relevant to potential clients and talent. Different clients are all looking for very different things.
5) Don’t forget the old. This is not just about your newest work. Who doesn’t want to see your old classics and the pieces you did back in the day? We are creating great stories to highlight this classic, older work. See this example from last week with Jake Scott
6) Tag, tag and tag again. Remember the further and deeper that your work is credited, the more likely it is to be found. It’s as simple as that. So, try to add as much info as you can around each spot that you upload. More tags equals more views equals the more YOU will get found.
If you do not have time to do this as well as you’d like to, we can do it all for you. Just talk to us.
With the new Little Black Book site, you will see something that the business has been crying out for: a creative library that is free to view for our entire business. Our goal is to help educate a new generation, and to help our users win business and build the fame they deserve. From this archive you can - at no further cost - enter directly into the Immortal Awards with the click of a button. You need not worry about the entry’s credits as they will follow across from our archive.
If you want to discuss any of these points or anything in general regarding the evolution of Little Black Book, please don’t hesitate to mail me. I’d love to talk.
CEO, Little Black Book