Redefining and relaunching a brand amidst the noise of an overflowing fitness and wellness vertical is no small task. But Huge did just that with Exos, the 20+ years old Human Performance brand that built its reputation on empowering elite athletes, Fortune 100 employees, military special ops, and hundreds of Olympians.
Huge was enlisted to relaunch and redefine the Exos brand and brand experience with a new emphasis on teamwork. Through that lens, Huge worked to modernise and evolve the brand’s positioning, strategy, voice and identity, working closely with the Exos team and teasing out the brand’s target audience, purpose, persona and voice. To illustrate the shift in the brand’s messaging from me to we, Huge relaunched the brand whose elements laddered up to a singular focus: to ignite the hero in all of us.
Some highlights of the work include:
- Website: Every hero is on their own personal journey and now with the new site they can charter one with their own unique purpose. The website’s navigation scheme helps visitors self-identify to find their path and explore the content that’s right for them.
- Voice and persona: Exos brand persona reflects that of a coach- nerdy, charismatic, playful and caring- someone who is always looking to help empower the performer.
- Logo: The new visual identity system is an evolution of the old, building on the strength of Exos’ 20 year heritage. It represents progression and forward momentum; the X is the central element of the logo and represents the moment when Exos teams up with the high performer, elevating them to a higher level of performance. The Hero in you.
- Color system: We developed a color palette that is differentiated and ownable in the performance/wellness/fitness category, expressing energy and sophistication. Vibrant. Fresh. Powerful; our palette embodies the dynamic spirit and energy of the Exos brand.
- Visual identity system: There are several graphic elements in our design system that we use to create unique compositions that bring kinetic expression to the brand identity and expression, including typographic angling, spec panel, burst and photography guidelines
The new brand and website launched on October 28th, which also included a marketing campaign from Sid Lee.