Our team is expanding and we're looking for a Development Producer to join our original content department, LS Films.
As a Producer you will be responsible for supporting the creation of premium film and television across LS’ UK offices. Working with the Creative Director and Managing Director you will help shape and plan the Film & TV department, be responsible for developing and producing creative projects, budget & manage production service for LS Films shoots, build the LS Films network and ensure all productions are delivered on time and on budget.
You will have extensive relationships across the film and TV network with industry know-how as well as excellent business and financial skills. You will have experience with funding streams and the development processes across factual docs & drama and have working knowledge of Movie Magic software. You will manage the department budget as well as bringing in freelancers to supplement and support full-time staff. You will manage the LS Films team performance by ensuring adequate training, staff development and performance management when and if needed.
- Develop projects for domestic and international markets
- Find and nurture new talent and ideas for LS’s slate
- Develop and implement with the Creative Director an LS Films Strategy Plan
- Liaise with key funders, broadcasters, festival programmers and investors
- Line manage the LS Films Assistant Producer, LS Films Junior Assistant
- Negotiate legal matter and rights
- Day-to-day management of department including workflow, enquiries, and live jobs
- Have responsibility for Movie Magic and Excel budget management & training, invoice logging, invoicing and digital wraps
- Maintain and nurture client relationships together with the Sales & Marketing Department
- Monitor and maintain high production standards
- Ensure you are up to date on relevant Health & Safety procedures, insurance guidance, accounting and HR procedures
- Develop and retain production talent, both in-house and freelance
- Work on live bids and support production tasks where needed
- Attend shoots where necessary
- Nourish and nurture greater inclusion and diversity across all LS Films relationships and projects
- Contribute to LS Productions' presence at Film & TV industry events in Manchester, London and across Scotland
- Assess and maintain all supplier contacts and look for economies with regular suppliers, developing new relationships as we grow
- Build on the current Film & TV industry network to help develop a robust, future proof Scottish (and Northern England) production industry
You will report to the Creative Director, Paul Sng.
- Expert knowledge of Film & TV procedures, especially BECTU rates, tax incentives and health & safety guidelines
- Working knowledge of Movie Magic software
- Knowledge of legal procedures
- Proven track record of leading & winning pitches
- Well-connected and respected in the Film & TV industry
- Great organisational skills, being able to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Capable of leading a team
- Strong negotiation, budgeting and financial reporting skills
- Maintain quality standards across the production of all creative work
- Thorough understanding and experience of the development processes and the ability to seek private and public funding for projects
- Ability to manage relationships pro-actively within and across teams, internally and externally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organisational skills with good time management
- Ability to work alone, as well as being part of a wider team
- Flexibility and the ability to handle stress and react quickly to artist and stakeholder demands
You will work both remotely and from the LS office in Edinburgh at least twice per week.
You will be required to travel to meetings and set where required and expenses will be provided for this.
All applications should be submitted via the online form by Friday 16th December 2022. Applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The application must contain:
- Cover Letter (two pages maximum) addressing your suitability for the position and interest in working with LS Films
- CV (three pages maximum, including filmography)
- Two nominated referees with contact details
- Salary expectations
- Where you heard about LS Productions
- LS Productions is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among their workforce and the crew they engage. It is within their best interest to promote diversity and eliminate discrimination in the workplace. LS’ aim is to ensure that all employees and job applicants are given equal opportunity and that the Company is representative of all sections of society. Each employee will be respected and valued and able to give their best as a result
- Applications will be shortlisted and only candidates who appear to be suitable will be called for interview
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Starting date: January/February 2023
- Contract Duration: full-time
- Remuneration: Negotiable, based on experience
- Location: Scotland
** Deadline Friday 16th December 2022 **