A leading production and post-production company seeks a talented, ambitious Post Production Engineer, whose skills are focused primarily in post technology and workflow. This individual will be responsible for installation, maintenance, and performance of systems hardware and software, including servers, network devices, and high-performance computing workstations. This position requires a thorough understanding of the post-production process for commercial, feature, and episodic workflows, and an ideal candidate must be extremely organized and will be expected to execute multiple projects in various stages of completion, simultaneously.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following):
- Provide software and hardware support for artists using Filmlight Daylight, Filmlight Baselight, BMD Resolve, Autodesk Flame, Colorfront Transkoder, Avid Media Composer, and Adobe Products
- Set up, move, monitor, and maintain equipment in editorial and exhibition suites for daily/weekly client sessions and rooms, ensuring creative workstations and rooms are in an optimal running state
- Calibration of color critical video displays and theatrical projectors and audio monitoring according to internal standards and protocol
- Assist Data I/O operators with troubleshooting data transfers and software/hardware related issues
- Troubleshoot video, audio, and network switching and routing infrastructure within facility as needed
- Troubleshoot Storage infrastructure including Stornext SAN, NAS, and DAS installations as needed
- Update, patch and build dailies/editorial/content mastering workstations and servers as required on the Linux/Windows/MacOS platforms.
- Work together with local Tech Ops team to coordinate efficient handoffs and complete on-going departmental projects
- Source equipment and material from our vendors for various engineering tasks
- Document procedures and critical information in a comprehensive manner for the benefit of entire technology team
- Other departmental duties, as required and assigned
Required qualifications and background:
- 2-5 years of experience in a post-production engineering environment or equivalent experience preferred
- Bachelors in Computer Science, or comparable professional experience
- Experience with network protocols (layer 2, layer 3), and switching infrastructure
- Extensive knowledge of Linux, MacOS and Windows operating systems, desktop, server, and VM environments
- General knowledge of remote user interface and streaming protocols not limited to HP ZCentral, NoMachine, Teradici, Nevion, Streambox, Clearview, Zoom, etc.
- Program experience with at least one language; Python, Perl, Bash or Java
- Experience with video signal standards and related infrastructure
- Understanding of network file sharing protocols; particularly NFS, SMB/CIFS and secure digital delivery mechanisms (Signiant, Aspera, etc.)
- Highly motivated, team-oriented and excellent communication skills