Shortlist Announced for World Media Awards 2016
The World Media Group has now revealed the shortlist for its World Media Awards from amongst the many entries that poured in from agencies and brands across the world, including Australia, Canada, China, Egypt, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, the UAE and the UK.
The World Media Group, a strategic alliance of leading international publishers, launched these awards having identified a gap in the industry, and that it is time to pay tribute to the best international, content-driven communication strategies.
“Our jury of twenty-two independent, international industry experts was blown away by the quality and innovation that they saw in this year’s entries. Cross-border content campaigns have a high level of complexity, but the shortlisted entries demonstrate how great planning and creativity can create results that transcend geographical boundaries,” says Alex Altman, Managing Director At MEC Global Solutions & Co-Head Judge Of The World Media Awards.
This is the inaugural year for the World Media Awards and, given the success and high caliber of entries from brands across seven categories, such as Deutsche Bank, Landrover, Microsoft, and Airbnb, Diesel, they intend to run the awards again next year.
The shortlist includes:
- Bentley, PHD International
- Landrover, MEC MENA
- Lexus, ZenithOptimedia International
- Renault, Omnicom Media Group
Corporate Brand Promotion
- AXA, National Geographic Creative
- EY, EI Agency
- Sensodyne, PHD International
- Shell, Mediacom Worldwide
- Deutsche Bank, EI Agency
- HSBC, Mindshare Worldwide
- UBS, Starcom Mediavest Group
- Visa, OMD China
Foreign Direct Investment & Economic Development Promotion
- ConnectIreland, ConnectIreland
- Ministry of Investment Egypt
- Page Break
- Diesel, Mindshare Worldwide
- Mr Porter, Havas Media International
- Pernod Ricard, Vizeum Global
Technology & Telecoms
- Deutsche Telekom AG, MediaCom
- Microsoft Corporation, National Geographic Creative
- Netflix, MEC Global Solutions
- Vodafone GmbH, MEC GmbH (2 campaigns shortlisted)
Travel & Tourism
- Airbnb, Starcom Mediavest Group
- Hilton, Omnicom Media Group
- London & Partners, Brooklyn Brothers
- Marriott Courtyard Hotels, MEC Global Solutions
The Grand Prix will be selected by the jury from amongst the category winners and announced on the night at the exclusive World Media Awards Reception, which will take place on the evening of Wednesday 16th March at The Ham Yard Hotel in Soho, London. Attendance is by invitation only. The invitation list will comprise all shortlisted entrants along with a select group of international advertisers.
As well as receiving a prestigious trophy, the victors will also receive recognition of their success through announcements listing all the winners being published across €500,000-worth of international media space within all the World Media Group brands.