At Weber Shandwick & Jack Morton Australia, we aspire to be an agency built around belonging, to be and do better – with diversity at its heart, shared values in its soul and a passion to create positive change.
We do not discriminate on race, religion, colour, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We will accept applications without your full name being stated and suggest you use initials as an identifier.
We make our job application process accessible to all users. If you have any accessibility requirements during the application and interview process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org This email address is strictly for applicants who require special assistance during our employment process. Please be aware that unrelated messages cannot be answered. Thank you.
Revenue and Systems Accountant
We are seeking a Revenue and Systems accountant to join our finance team. This role will primarily be responsible for revenue recognition across our agency alliance.
The primary functions of this role include:
· Take ownership of the revenue recognition process.
· Work with Business Directors and Finance Director to ensure that revenue is recognised in line with company revenue policies.
· Ensure Client sales paperwork is received and correct.
· Work with AP/AR to ensure billing and revenue sheets are up to date and accurate.
Jobs (projects & retainers)
· Working with the Production and Account Services team, you will manage the cleanliness of projects or retainers in pipeline, that are active or completed.
· Created and managed all projects in our Job Production software, Streamtime.
· Work with Business teams to ensure projects are billed as per agreed with clients.
· Work with Business teams to ensure costs are being captured correctly on jobs.
· When jobs are completed, confirm that all freelancer invoices have been received.
· Where necessary work with Business teams to reconcile costs on projects.
· Ensure that Xero and Streamtime align.
· Manage users(freelance & employee) in Streamtime.
· Manage Staff Cost rates in Streamtime
· Run utilisation reports and ensure staff time sheets have been completed.
· Be the central point of contact for all internal Streamtime queries.
· Assist other general finance tasks;
· Register new Assets.
· Run monthly Depreciation.
· Update Prepayment Schedules.
· Set up new Vendors.
· Assist with debt collection.
· Other ad hoc tasks.
· Experience in agency or similar environment an advantage but not a requirement.
· Experience with a project/job based financial management tools.
· Strong Excel skills.
· Experience in Xero preferred, but not essential.
· Have experience in MS Office Suite.
· Strong communication skills with experience managing senior stakeholders.
· Excellent process management and problem-solving skills.
· Experience in managing projects with various stakeholders within the business.
· Can demonstrate working directly with operations and IT teams to improve finance systems.
Meet Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a global in-culture communications and Public Relations agency built to make brave ideas connect with people. The agency is led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators and has won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry, including Ad Age's A-List, Campaign, PRovoke's Agency of the Decade, and PRWeek's Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work.
Meet Jack Morton
Jack Morton is a global brand experience business. Through the power of experience, they create meaningful relationships between people and brands. Born out of smart insights and built creatively with a content-first approach, their critically acclaimed, award-winning experiences are imaginative and engaging, innovative beyond expectation, and flawlessly executed.
We are a unique Australian agency collective of proven experts from two global brands. A rare collaboration between committed lovers of Creative, PR, Experience and Content. A new model for insightful storytelling that builds brands and drives demand.
Employment: 4 days (Hybrid)
Based: Level 7, 822 George Street, Chippendale, Sydney NSW 2008
Work Authorisation: To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.