A multi-talented Creative Director is needed for the exciting development of TJ’s New York office. Working with a close-knit enthusiastic team, this role is central to steering the development of the company’s portfolio with a variety of mixed-media projects, incorporating CGI, motion graphics, live-action, photography and compositing. Leading projects, you’ll be working directly with agency and clients to sell in and develop the creative vision from pitching stage, then guide the production with the NYC and London teams. There will be opportunities to travel to the UK.
Good communication, team management and leadership are essential skills. You will be expected to forge and nurture strong strategically beneficial client relationships, through from pitching to production and beyond. Planning, problem solving and resourcing of the best talent for productions will be required. You will be hands-on in visualising creative and so technical skills in CGI, Motion Graphics or compositing/retouch will be needed. Experience of creatively leading CGI motion campaigns is essential, experience of multi-platform productions and of being on shoots is also beneficial.
The Creative Director’s role is to front single- and mixed-media projects from concept to final delivery, incorporating CGI, live-action, motion graphics, photographic and compositing methodologies. Working directly with clients to firstly engage, build the creative vision then guide the production to that agreed goal, the Creative Director is ultimately responsible for the quality of the final creative work. A hands-on approach to creative visualisation is required, so you will be technically able within CGI, motion graphics or post-production.
The main aspects of this role are:
• Pitches – Developing creative treatments in line with multi-discipline production solutions.
• Productions – Taking overarching responsibility for projects through the creative production process, leading both the team and the clients. This will be in the studio and also on set when required.
• Portfolio work – Developing pitches and portfolio pieces that add value to our brand.
• Developing human resources – Working with the E.P you’ll play a role in strategic resource planning.
• Liaising with London Studio – This will involve travelling to London on occasions to share knowledge and experience.
If you’d like the opportunity to work on quality integrated productions and direct your ideas in line with Taylor James’ brand, get in touch and tell us why you’d work.
Please email your CV, examples of work and cover letter to: recruitmentNY@taylorjames.com
Please note that candidates must be eligible to work in the US. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer work-permission sponsorship.