At Armadillo, we harness the power of data to change consumer behaviour and deliver unrivalled ROI. And we do this with some of the world’s biggest brands, including Disney, McDonald’s, P&O Cruises and Cunard, producing beautifully creative and effective CRM campaigns.
We have ambitious plans to grow the agency. Our aim is to become famous for delivering the best ROI.
We are now looking for a Front-End Email Developer to join our team at Armadillo. Think you can help us?
Front-End Email Developer Role
We are looking for talented Front-end Email Developer to join the team. You will work closely with designers and account managers to produce websites, landing pages, banners and email marketing. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to lead, energise and who truly enjoys this area of development.
Front-End Email Developer Responsibilities
- You’ll be fully focussed on creative and interactive HTML & CSS led email development and have a real passion for it too.
- You will be confident in building emails from scratch and happy to build interactive elements, whether re-using existing templates or building new features.
- You will support the creation, maintenance and review of our suite of templates, toolkit of interactive elements and quality assurance processes.
- You will also use your knowledge of web and email technologies to work with our design and client service teams with workable solutions to briefs and will play an active role in the creative process.
- Influence the delivery of projects: Playing a supporting role in ideation and demonstrate an understanding of the key objectives with suggested solutions. You will also show a working knowledge of how to effectively use data in delivering projects.
- Use advanced html and CSS techniques in email: to re-use and understand interactive and animated elements that enhance the user experience. Begin to explore new ways of achieving this and look to grow both your own and the team's understanding of the techniques.
- Prepare assets: Take studio approved designs and export assets as web standard assets for HTML build with excellent attention to detail.
Front End Email Developer Requirements
- High level experience of coding using HTML & CSS.
- You need to be up to speed with the latest knowledge, be resilient and have a strong knowledge level of big email campaigns already.
- Demonstrate and apply excellent knowledge of using code editors
- Demonstrate and apply excellent understanding of using Adobe Photoshop for slicing and exporting assets for build
- Demonstrate good understanding of using MAMP (or similar) for local PHP builds
- Demonstrate good working knowledge of using GitHub as a publishing and source management tool
- Have a good understanding of Microsoft programs (Word, PPT & Excel) as well as the Google Drive equivalents
- Good knowledge of best practices for coding emails and up to date with industry trends.
- Experience of managing the prototyping, build and testing of client digital projects.
- Experience of working collaboratively with designers and account managers.
- Hybrid environment – 2 days in our central Bristol office / 3 days optional office/home working
- Catered lunches Tuesday - Thursday at our office & breakfast options
- 25 days’ annual leave plus a day off on your birthday, increasing by 1 day per annum at each year anniversary up to 30 days, plus bank holidays
- Summer and Festive hours – finish 2.5 hours early one Friday per month in June, July, August and one day, chosen by you, in December
- Contributory company pension 4% employee 3% employer of total pay through salary sacrifice, escalating 1% each year following your 2nd anniversary at Armadillo, up to 8% employer contribution
- Bupa dental care
- Vitality health insurance
- Lots of social events, including Summer and Christmas parties
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme offered by Health Assured
- IPA Membership
- Bristol Creative Industries Membership
Armadillo is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
Apply for this job.