At Armadillo, we work with some of the world’s biggest brands, including Disney, McDonald’s, P&O Cruises and Cunard Cruises, to produce beautifully creative and effective CRM campaigns.
We believe in the long-term success that comes from always putting the best interests of our clients and the well-being and progression of our staff at the heart of everything we do. We are ambitious and free-thinking, yet at the same time pragmatic and straightforward.
We have ambitious plans to grow the agency. Our aim is to become the UK’s most recommended CRM agency: the one everyone wants to work with or for.
We are now on the lookout for an Client Partner to join our team here at Armadillo. So, think you can help us?
Client Partner Role
As the Client Partner working on our largest client account, you will be the glue that holds the account together. You will be leading the client account, directing a multi-disciplined agency team to deliver success for the client across a wide scope of work, and delivering against development strategies and sales and profitability targets for Armadillo in line with our goals and business plan.
Client Partner Responsibilities
- Owning and maintaining excellent client-agency relationships with stakeholders up to SVP/ Director level
- Leading the presentation of major proposals or project work to clients at senior levels; owning commercial and operational proposals, and being able to present creative, strategy, insights and more with or without discipline expert colleagues
- Overseeing and directing the scope and budget across the client to ensure potential for sales and profits are maximised in line with Armadillo's business plan and client development plans
- Directing and optimising resource deployment across the hub team for all clients to maximise efficiency and profitability
- Tracking and reporting on client invoicing against targets in client development plan, providing narrative against performance in monthly reports for the Board and Senior Leadership
- Creating and maintaining strategic client development plan; identifying opportunities and investment required to secure profitable long-term growth with clients; proposing targets for sales and profit, and securing approval from the Board based on the rationale for the client and the sales growth potential for Armadillo
- Sharing responsibility for developing client strategy with senior colleagues (such as the Head of Strategy, MD, etc.), interpreting insights and applying client knowledge to help develop compelling strategy solutions
- Championing the client's strategic plans across all projects
- Overseeing project planning and approving major project plans, as well as overseeing brief creation
- Overseeing and optimising task management and resource allocation across the Hub
- Acting as the ultimate escalation point within the Hub - directing and supporting team members to identify and implement solutions to problems quickly and efficiently, and escalating business critical issues to the Board and Senior leadership in a timely fashion
- Supporting the professional development of SAD, AD, and equivalent level Project Manager colleagues within the hub team - providing effective mentoring and leading the performance review process as a Pro
- Supporting business development by participating in pitch teams as required, up to and including leading those pitches
- Being an effective member of Armadillo's discipline leadership group, taking shared ownership of the executive of the Technology and Hub plans, and working collaboratively with colleagues in the leadership group to support Armadillo's vision, values and goals.
Client Partner Requirements
- Previous experience working in an agency at this Client Partner level or similar is essential in this role
- Proven experience of managing client relationships at senior levels
- A core understanding of CRM is essential at this level
- Expert communication skills, both verbally and written, as well as the confidence to present to clients and stakeholders at Senior & Board level
- Motivated and driven to achieve the highest standards for your client
- Excellent relationship building skills, with both internal and external stakeholders
- Hybrid environment – 2 days in our central Bristol office / 3 days optional office/home working
- Catered lunches Tuesday - Thursday at our office & breakfast options
- 25 days’ annual leave plus a day off on your birthday, increasing by 1 day per annum at each year anniversary up to 30 days, plus bank holidays
- Summer and Festive hours – finish 2.5 hours early one Friday per month in June, July, August and one day, chosen by you, in December
- Contributory company pension 4% employee 3% employer of total pay through salary sacrifice, escalating 1% each year following your 2nd anniversary at Armadillo, up to 8% employer contribution
- Bupa dental care
- Vitality health insurance
- Lots of social events, including Summer and Christmas parties
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme offered by Health Assured
- IPA Membership
- Bristol Creative Industries Membership
- Equal opportunities
- Armadillo is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.