At Armadillo, we harness the power of data to change consumer behaviour and deliver unrivalled ROI. And we do this with some of the world’s biggest brands, including Disney, McDonald’s, P&O Cruises and Cunard, producing beautifully creative and effective CRM campaigns.
We have ambitious plans to grow the agency. Our aim is to become famous for delivering the best ROI.
We are now on the lookout for an Insight Analyst to join our Data & Strategy team. Think you can help us?
Insight Analyst Role
The Insight Analyst is a critical role within a team that is focussed on high quality campaign reporting and analysis. In the Insight Analyst role, you will be working with a team, including the client, that has thirst for insights and recommendations.
Collaborating with the Client Services & Strategy teams, our Insight Analysts have scope to define how campaigns are created and tested, which KPI’s are reported and the responsibility of implementing the framework of how this is fed back to key stakeholders.
Insight Analyst Responsibilities
A: Campaign Reporting
B: Campaign Analysis
- Being the voice of analytics in the production and evaluation of CRM campaigns
- Recommending appropriate control group/fallow cell methodologies
- Producing efficient, easy to read code to export data into reporting tools
- Scheduling reports using the appropriate software
- Maintaining the highest standard of data quality through subject expertise and spot checks
- Working with developers to automate ongoing reports
- A/B variant testing
- Creation of insight packs for campaigns
- Involved in the delivery of campaign analysis, from brief to presentation
- Presenting results to stakeholders of all seniority, with leadership support
- Constructing analytical briefs from face-to-face meetings and written questions
- Overlaying a commercial lens to the results, what do the results mean for the business?
- Creating engaging content that distils the relevant insights in a concise manner
- Targeting for campaign selections
- Actively seeking opportunities for the business to add value through analytics
- Keeping afloat of the latest analytics and machine learning techniques
- Playing a key role in implementing new technologies and analytical methods
Insight Analyst Competencies
Insight Analyst Skills
- Commercially aware - demonstrate an understanding of how insight can impact the bottom line
- Self-starter - can deliver a project from start to finish with appropriate support
- Deadline driven – factors in what’s needed vs. the time available
- Strong communicator - both written and verbal
- Attention to detail – confident in the insight they’re presenting
- Curiosity – always asking why
- Flexible – able to respond at short notice if the client’s need changes
- Enthusiasm - an interest in the latest analytical and machine learning techniques
- Experience of data visualisation and all things reporting
- Knowledge of control group/fallow cell methodologies
- Experience of working with retail datasets
- Direct marketing analytics experience
- 2+ years’ SQL coding experience (MySQL or equivalent)
- 2+ years’ experience of reporting using one of Data Studio, Tableau, Power BI
- R/python experience preferable but not essential
- Previous agency background a plus
- Segmentation experience a bonus
Armadillo is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
- Hybrid environment – 3 days in our central Bristol office / 2 days remote
- 25 days’ annual leave plus a day off on your birthday, increasing by 1 day per annum at each year anniversary up to 30 days, plus bank holidays
- Summer and Christmas hours – finish 2.5 hours early one Friday per month in June, July, August and December
- Contributory company pension 4% employee 3% employer of total pay through salary sacrifice, escalating 1% each year following your 2nd anniversary at Armadillo, up to 8% employer contribution
- Bupa dental care
- Vitality health insurance
- Lots of social events, including Summer and Christmas parties
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme offered by Assured Health
- IPA Membership
- Bristol Creative Industries Membership