Full Time (5 days per week)
Full Time Salary £60-70K pa (experience dependent)
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
5% Performance Bonus (determined by 50% personal performance/50% company performance)
Pension: Our scheme is in line with statutory requirements: employer contribution 3%, employee contribution minimum 5%.
Reports to: Production Director (Senior Management)
Department: Creative Services
Blacklist Creative is a growing full-service creative agency and production studio that specializes in content creation, entertainment marketing and experiences. We work with an array of major global clients to deliver exceptional creative seamlessly. With content creation at the center, we support our clients with strategy, creative, and the latest in digital services from our offices in London, Amsterdam and soon LA.
Blacklist Creative are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in all its forms.
All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Blacklist Creative strives to create an environment where our team can deliver the best work of their careers. We seek to hire exceptional talent and we’re hoping that can include you, as our Creative Services Manager.
This role reports to the Production Director, aligning on company goals and vision to push the creative offering into new and constantly innovative directions. The CSM is responsible for the allocation of the creative team resources across multiple disciplines. The best fit for this role will be an experienced project manager who is an expert in managing productions, skilled at supervising resources, understands integrated creative workflows tools and techniques, but also expert at customer service, as they will serve as a liaison between the stakeholder and creative teams.
Paramount in this role are both creative and technical skills as well as human-centered people expertise. It is essential in this role to serve as advocate, protector, gatekeeper and caretaker of a growing multidisciplinary team. The Creative Services Manager must be a proactive individual, passionate about creating an environment and systems to support top quality creative products, with well-developed critical thinking skills and an ability to anticipate, react to, and solve problems in a timely manner as they arise, while driving forward the company’s creative vision.
What you’ll do:
• Follow and maintain creative workflow and brief intake
• Maintain the creative services processes and support the Production Director in the development of efficient workflows
• Support the Creative Director and Creative Leads in vetting creative briefs and serve as gatekeeper of creative time and resources
• Protect creative teams from ad hoc requests without briefs
• Negotiating with external talent agencies & suppliers representing artists
• Supervise, motivate and encourage creative team and freelance talent
• Source, vet freelance talent and grow roster of local and remote resources
• Hold regular production meetings, holding team members accountable for deadlines, while influencing other stakeholders to support successful outcomes
• Traffic/track jobs, from beginning to end, by resource, so productivity and profitability can be reviewed and developed
• Work with project producers to scope out and determine the feasibility of producing final creative work in a variety of media
• Benchmark budget expenditures against projections
• Collaborate with Producers to oversee daily tasks tied to creative production
• Support Creatives with jobs and manage deliverables
• Troubleshoot issues that could slow down the process
• Work with the Production Director to streamline workflows to increase efficiencies and cut costs
• Serve as liaison between creative team, contractors, partner agencies, vendors, and internal stakeholders
The ideal candidate should have:
• 8 years working in a role managing workflow of creative teams
• Deep understanding of, and experience with, creative process, output, and systems
• Skilled at following production processes and creating efficiencies.
• The ability to implement standardized existing processes and maintain adherence
• Analytical and insightful attention to detail and a creative problem solver
• Highly Organized and efficient multitasker
• An eye across the workflow and outcomes for profitability monitoring
• A strong, decisive decision maker
• A people person with excellent interpersonal skills
• Project management expert and excellent change manager.
• Able to handle the stress of multiple high-pressure deadlines
• Exceptional communication skills and confidence working cross functional team
• A collaborative, diplomatic approach to teamwork
• A commitment to the rigor of the creative output
• Experience with project management tools. Strong working knowledge of Asana, G Suite, Smartsheets, gantt chart applications, Adobe Suite (nice to have)