A great opportunity for someone who is passionate about the archive world and photography and who is looking for an exciting career move.
• Managing the receipt and upload of all imagery and data on shoots into our digital archive system.
• Building and maintaining new filing structures for all assests as The RANKIN Group expands.
• Maintaining and updating databases and digital archives for The RANKIN Group.
• Leading transition of information from current archiving system to new filing and databases.
• Liaising with clients to receive accurate information and design files for archiving.
• Responsible for the creation and oversight of relevant captions and keywords across the archive in line with professional standards.
• Liaising with the Production Department regarding release dates, model releases, contracts and usage agreements. Updating usage information on digital archive accordingly. Suppling such information on request regarding copyright, thrid party rights, usage and approvals.
• Coordinating with the Picture Desk Coordinator in regards to image syndication and project promotion through social media, PR and online.
• Organising press clipping and building a Press and Social Media Mentions archive.
• Maintaining and proactively expanding Rankin’s reference library and tearsheets logs.
• Leading research projects to expand data held within digital databases via Rankin’s Physical Archive.
• Preserve, review, analyse and organise the archive of physical assets (including negatives, transparencies, contact sheets and vintage magazines) through digitization adhering to professional archiving standards.
• Oversee warehousing of assets, organising boxing, scanning and build accurate archive of pieces held off site.
• Maintaining and creating logs and databases to professional filing standards.
• Providing administrative support for book and exhibition projects.
• Coordinating image releases and usage dates calendar.
• Gaining picture usage approvals from third parties when required.
• Support of Picture Desk Coordinator with external and internal image requests and supplying appropriate files whilst outlining allowed usage, when required.
• Lead and nurture the Photo Archive team through team meetings and one-on-one personal development.
• Line Manager for Picture Desk Coordinator and Archive Assistant.
• Regular reporting to Line Manager and Rankin.
• Organising workflows and project deadlines in a fast paced creative office.
• Other duties as required.
Essential skills, experience and personal attributes
• Experience working with a digital archive and databases.
• Knowledge of correct handling proccedures for physical assets (negatives, etc.)
• Proficiency with full Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Excel.
• Efficient with the ability to plan ahead and work to tight deadlines and schedules.
• Strong communication skills and keen attention to detail.
• Understanding of artistic practices and commitments of a creative environment.
• Qualification in archive management and understanding of image usage rights, copyright and licensing agreements would be ideal.
• A proven interest in Rankin’s work and an interest in photography & photographic mediums.
• Experience leading a team and managing other’s time and workflows would be a plus.
How to apply
Candidates unable to prove their right to work in the UK will not be shortlisted. Please note that due to the high level of applications unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted.
Best of luck and thanks for applying!
The RANKIN Group