A great opportunity for someone who is passionate about editorial and storytelling and who is looking for an exciting career move within the editorial world.
Located in London, RANKIN work with world-class and emerging talent across film, photography and publishing.
Part of the editorial team and reporting into the Editorial Director you will work on all our editorial projects across print and digital.
At RANKIN you will be able to be part of a fun and friendly work environment and you will benefit from some of the best career prospects in the industry.
Come and join this unique organisation and its bunch of talented people who thrive in delivering spectacular work time and time again.
At RANKIN we want to change the world, would you like to join us?
The RANKIN Group is Rankin’s new hybrid cultural company encompassing creative services, contract publishing, production, editorial verticals/platforms, and talent representation.
We are a fast growing, thriving cultural community creating great short and long form content on an hourly basis.
We are a team of creatives, directors, photographers, researchers, strategists, producers and editors who collaborate with brands ranging from luxury to FMCG, charities, editorial platforms, beauty, fashion & automotive.
We help brands be culturally relevant through creative communication, campaigns, brand building & content creation.
We create work that is bold, brave & beautiful.
Your day to day at RANKIN
• Work closely with the Editorial Director across all editorial projects, including HUNGER’s biannual print edition, client projects and contract publishing.
• Oversee all aspects of the publications and editorial calendars.
• Create and manage detailed content schedules.
• Generate story ideas, plan, assign, edit and write content when necessary.
• Commission stories and authors in order to produce outstanding articles and features.
• Support the editorial team with the creation of print and digital material that is highly engaging, cultural and topical.
• Management of deadlines and client management.
• Management of talent and external contributors.
*DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the Company reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Essential skills, experience and personal attributes
• Impeccable organisational and multitasking skills as well as great time management and keen attention to detail.
• Ability to handle multiple deadlines and prominent levels of work.
• Familiar with the demands of print and digital content management.
• A good level of creativity combined with previous experience working with a range of leading brands.
• Previous experience working with the US market would be very benefitial.
• Up to date and informed of movements and changes within the industry.
• Previous experience working in a fast-paced editorial, fashion or digital environment.
• Experience with InDesign and CMS.
How to apply
with ‘Your Name – Managing Editor’
in the subject field, attaching a CV, and brief cover letter addressing the above criteria.
Candidates unable to prove their right to work in the UK will not be shortlisted. Please note that due to the high level of applications unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted.
Best of luck and thanks for applying!