Wave Music is an established music house based in London and part of the Wave Studios group with premises in London, Amsterdam and New York.
We are looking for a hardworking, experienced music supervisor and producer to join our team in London.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years experience of music production, music supervision and music licensing within the film, advertising and/or television industries and an existing network of industry contacts.
Wave Music is a multi-disciplinary company, working in many areas of the media, across the UK, Europe and United States. The position will involve working closely with the Managing Director in all areas of the business which could be anything from music composition and supervision through to event planning, client entertainment and business development.
The ideal candidate will have an extensive knowledge and proven ability within the following areas.
Music Supervision & Licensing
- Feature Films: To date we have music supervised The Lobster, Killing of a Sacred Deer, The Favorite (currently in production) and Disobedience (which will be released in April 2018). You will handle music licensing services and would often be required to find additional music options to replace tracks that are not clearable. We can often also be involved creatively with re-orchestrating / re-arranging musical works for the film.
- Advertising: Music searches, rights negotiations and licensing on behalf of brands and their creative agencies. Often a pitch situation, with limited time available a network of contacts at labels and publishers and an extensive knowledge of music, both old and new is essential for effective execution.
Composition, Production and Rerecords
- Wave Music represents a roster of composers and artists for bespoke composition, re-records, remixes and production services that it markets to advertising, film and TV clients. As a producer you would work very closely with our composers, acting as a second pair of ears throughout a project. We pride ourselves on the fact that our producers have an understanding of music composition and production techniques and are involved in all projects on a creative level as much as they are on a logistical and financial level.
Sales and Marketing
- Party planning: Two or three times a year we host an event either at Wave Studios or at a local venue with an artist performance or in partnership with a label or publisher showcasing new (or old) talent. Planning involves everything from arranging equipment hire, to restructuring the office and liaising with artists and their management.
- Screenings: We endeavor to host screenings of the films we have worked on inviting clients of both Wave Music and Wave Studios.
- Attending awards ceremonies, festivals and industry events outside of working hours representing the company.
- Client entertaining: Regularly keeping in touch with clients over drinks, dinner and lunches. Also, co-entertaining with Wave Studios staff and clients.
- Newsletters: A monthly or by monthly email to the client base with news of our latest work.
- Website: Keeping the website up to date with new work.
- Wave Music is a forward thinking, entrepreneurial company that harnesses new ideas and is always on the look-out for new opportunities and areas in which to further grow the brand. Since launching in 2014 we have grown to a team of seven, launched a synch label and opened an office in New York. In the coming years, we plan to expand further across the USA into Chicago and LA, and are looking to strengthen our offering in Amsterdam where Wave Studios already has a presence and an existing client base.
Salary: Dependent on experience + profit share.
Start date: May 2018
Contact: Please email CV with details of expected salary to email@example.com
Music Supervisor and Producer