SALT.TV is an advertising and marketing film production company, which is story led, creatively driven and results focused. 16 years ago we set out to build a film production studio that did things a little differently. Bridging the gap between cinematic storytelling and modern media, we’ve paired our roster of talented film directors, with the innovations of video technology, and creating an end-to-end production company for the digital age. A talented, adventurous and driven bunch, we’re motivated to make creative work that delights and delivers.
The position as an in-house editor will see you working directly with one of our key clients. This client specialises in luxury fashion and retail throughout Europe & China, so experience as an editor on similar accounts or brands is desirable. You will focus completely on their account, understanding their content needs whilst working alongside their account manager and motion graphics designer, in order to deliver outstanding work.
You will be expected to have a proven track record in this role with at least 2-4 years of editing experience in commercial film production and post-production. We would like you to invest yourself in each production in an articulate and creative way, ensuring that you are the key problem solver and driving force. To do this effectively, you will be fluent in the Adobe suite, most importantly Premiere Pro. A knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop is also desirable but not essential. It’s important in this role to have great attention to detail, be able to immerse yourself completely in our client’s brand and ensure that you approach their work in a creative, highly motivated way. Having proven experience in fast turnarounds and ideas creation and delivery is also key. You should be enthusiastic and work well within a team environment. You will have had experience working or liaising with a larger organisation with multiple stakeholders and you will have the organisational and emotional skills to handle this level of productivity. You will be very passionate about your role and very passionate about creative/film.
Job Skills Required
- 2-4 years previous commercial/professional experience;
- Experience of video formats and broadcast specifications;
- Proven experience in storytelling within the 30’’, 60’’ and 90’’ commercial edit formats;
- Proven experience and ability working alongside 2D and 3D operators;
- Ability to liaise with the production team and our client to follow the SALT protocols to ensure an efficient workflow from production/media management through to delivery;
- You should be capable of problem solving where needed and also keep a keen eye on how we can improve our processes and services’;
- Ensuring that all project folders are arranged properly and accordingly to the SALT post systems;
- Maintaining our working standards and back up processes to ensure that all of the projects you work on are consolidated after completion;
- A creative eye is essential and something we wish to support and develop;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Good organisational and time management skills;
- Proactive approach to work and problem solving;
- Attention to detail;
- Works well in a team.
If all this sounds like you, please send your CV, cover letter and a link to your showreel to firstname.lastname@example.org stating “In-House Editor” in the subject line. Please include your salary expectations too. Please note this is NOT a freelancer position. We look forward to hearing from you.