Hackable? A Podcast from McAfee
The idea for Hackable? was built on the insight that the best line of defense for people to protect themselves in the digital world is education, but digital security often doesn't enter people's mind until there is an issue.
So Response set out to create audio storytelling that would be entertaining, educational and brand building. The show format: Pop culture (take a scene from tv, movies or the news about a security hack or breach and recreate it in a dramatic audio format) + MythBusters (put that same hack in pop culture and test it with real hackers to separate fact from fiction and ultimately figure out how nervous we should really be) + consumer security advocacy (supply tips to keep people educated and safe). This trailer for the podcast builds the intrigue and asks the question "How worried should we really be?"
- McAfee NPS has been trending upwards since the launch of Hackable?
- The majority of listeners (65%), even those who never used a McAfee product, were left with a higher opinion of the McAfee brand after listening
- 77% of respondents said they "liked" or "loved" the podcast after listening to it
- 88% of respondents said they learned something new from the podcast after listening to it
- Top 1% of all podcasts every produced with 1.2million+ downloads across 10 episodes and 90k+ subscribers
- 5-star rated on Apple Podcasts
- Topped Apple Podcast U.S. charts: #1 Tech News Podcast, #3 Technology Podcast, #42 Podcast (Overall)
- The show was picked up by SiriusXM Insights
It, phones, Av and computers