TBWA\Vietnam Boosts Leadership Team with Key Promotions
TBWA\Group Vietnam has strengthened its senior management line up with the promotion of Tan Nguyen (Sunshine) to Managing Director from her previous position as Digital Lead and Chief Marketing Officer, while Tom Guerin becomes President TBWA\Group Vietnam, with immediate effect.
Said Philip Brett, President of TBWA\Asia: “Vietnam is an important market for the TBWA\Asia Collective and under Tom’s leadership, the agency continues to enjoy strong year-on-year growth. With Tom’s responsibilities evolving, we’re pleased we have the depth of talent to elevate from within. Sunshine has been instrumental in driving growth across the agency, attracting new business as well as talent.” Sunshine will also join the Regional Leadership Collective, led by Philip Brett.
In addition to Sunshine’s appointment to Managing Director, Lien Dinh has been promoted to Group Creative Director. Lien, a highly respected Vietnamese Creative Director, has been instrumental in elevating the creative product for the agency over the last four years. Lien joins the Regional Creative Leadership Collective, led by Nils Andersson, TBWA\Asia Creative President, and will continue to work closely with Edmund Choe, TBWA’s Southeast Asia Chief Creative Officer.
Other senior moves include:
• Vu Nguyen, who returns to TBWA\Vietnam, leads the planning department as Head of Strategic Planning. Previously with the agency for six years, Vu has worked within the Collective’s Singapore and Vietnam agencies. He will help drive client businesses through his global strategic expertise and innate understanding of the local market culture and mindsets.
• After three years with TBWA, Thu Le has been promoted to Account Director for PR. Thu will continue to build on the PR teams growth by driving a deeper collaboration between the units within the agency.
• Chuyen Vu also returns to the agency as Senior Account Director. Working closely with Sunshine, Chuyen Vu’s expertise in developing integrated marketing communications and digital campaigns, will continue to elevate the agency’s integrated offering.
• Nhan Tuan Huy moves into the role of Account Director, managing the agency’s Event/Activation Division. Huy Nhan has built an impressive team (of 35 professionals) that is supported by the breadth of the agency’s marketing services.
• Kim Chi Nguyen continues in her key role as Chief Operating Officer. Kim Chi has worked at the agency for 14 years, and will work closely with Sunshine to further strengthen and evolve the agency to best serve clients.
Concluded Philip Brett: “The strength of TBWA’s global collective is the celebration of our individual offices own personality. We thrive on our difference; our depth of local knowledge, leadership and skills, but we’re united by our common language of Disruption, and global and regional expertise.
“Under the leadership of Sunshine, Lien and the current team, 2017 is shaping up to be a strong year for us in Vietnam, and I believe we’ll continue to meet our ambitious targets and continue to grow our clients’ business.”
According to the Economist Intelligence Unit, Vietnam is once again flagged as one of the region's fastest-growing economies. With forecasts seeing real GDP growth averaging 6.5% annually in 2017 until-2021.