Cannes Can vs. Cannes Can't
Okay then! We’ve taken the time to mentally (and physically) heal, but before we totally shake off this year’s Cannes Lions Festival, we thought we’d compile a few lessons learned:
- Give you a mean wristband tan.
- Briefly make 'wearing tiny hands' in public an acceptable ‘icebreaker’
- Give you quite a soar a*se… if you bike there via the Alps, like our incredible Pippa & the Fireflies Tour
- Make you damn proud when you see your work in beaming lights on the big screen at night (thanks Voodooh) or when a campaign you worked on wins a Gold Lion!
- Justify buying the XL bottle of rosé… but you can always grab a stranger’s bottle to pose with...
- Do a good margarita (however we can highly recommend the Aperol Spritz, extensively Sue-tasted and approved)
- Break us
In summary: Drink a little water, even just once a day. Take free sunscreen whenever offered. Use said sunscreen. Watch the sun come up on la Croisette at least once. And respect how great an opportunity it is to call a week in Cannes "work." Remember, you'll see a lot of those same faces across meeting rooms back in London... so don't be a total d*ck.