AMV BBDO Wins 2019 ADCE Awards Grand Prix for 'Viva la Vulva'
Today, Saturday 9th November, the 6th European Creativity Festival came to an end with the awaited announcement of the most important recognition of the ADCE Awards. Overall Jury President Dörte Spengler-Ahrens, unveiled the recipient of the Grand Prix 2019: 'Viva la Vulva', created by AMV BBDO for Essity Bodyform/Libresse.
For centuries vulvas have been censored, objectified, and erased altogether in the name of ‘decency’. Meanwhile the recent explosion of porn has pressurised young women to believe their genitals should look a certain way: the myth of the ‘perfect’ vulva. 'Viva La Vulva' from AMVBBDO is a love song to a part of women that doesn’t get enough love. A celebration of self-love, body positivity and diversity, the film features a range of vagina-esque objects such as conch shells, fortune cookies, coin purses and more, all singing along to Camille Yarbrough’s Take Yo’ Praise (sampled in Fatboy Slim’s track Praise You).
The Best of Design and Advertising Awards
In total, there were 780 creative works entered into the 28th edition of the ADCE Awards. The jury was comprised of 60 leading creatives from 26 different countries. The ADCE Awards are unique in that only creative work that has been awarded at a local European show can qualify, ensuring an elite selection in which every single entry that a judge sees has already been nominated as a standout piece of creative.
The 32 winning Works awarded “Gold” in the different categories were:
- TV/Cinema Commercials: “Hope” by Sra Rushmore for Comité Internacional de Cruz Roja
- Online viral videos: “Viva la Vulva” by AMVBBDO for Essity Bodyform/Libresse
- Any Other: “The Uncensored Playlist” by DDB Group Germany for Reporters Without Borders
Print & Outdoor:
- Poster Advertising: “The Land of Free Press” by TBWA/Helsinki for Helsingin Sanomat
- Magazine & Trade Advertising: “Highlight the Remarkable” by DDB Group Germany for STABILO International.
Interactive & Mobile:
- Websites: “FishAct - Stop overfishing” by Mutabor Design GmbH for FishAct.
- Websites: “Digital Marketing Conference” by Possible Moscow for Digital Marketing Conference
- Mobile Apps: “A touch of history” by Jung von Matt/Limmat for Samsung Schweiz
- Mobile Apps: “The Voice of Voices” by McCann Worldgroup for Centro Clinico NeMO
- Social Media Campaigns: “No Need to Fly-Around the World in Germany” by Ogilvy Germany for Deutsche Bank
- Social Media Campaigns: “The Uncensored Playlist” by DDB Group (Germany) for Reporters Without Borders
- Graphic Communication: “Fonts for Freedom” by Serviceplan (Germany) for Reporters Without Borders
- Editorial Design: “Teatro Municipal do Porto” by Studio Eduardo Aires, S.A for Porto City Theatre
- Illustration and Photography: “Hands” by CHINA for Cervezas Alhambra
- Packaging: “Bloomy Days "Flowers Talking" by Heimat Berlin for Bloomy Days
- Motion Graphics: “OP+” by Tolm for Estonian Public Broadcasting
- Spatial/Experiential Design: “The Shortcut Billboards” by Serviceplan (Germany) for BMW AG
- Spatial/Experiential Design: “Scars of Democracy” by Serviceplan (Germany) for Stroke Art Fair GmbH
- Any other: “Dot Mini. The First Smart Media Device for the Visually Impaired” by Serviceplan (Germany) for DOT Inc.
Promotions & New Media:
- Promotions: “Diesel Go With The Fake” by Publicis Italy & NY for Diesel
- Live Stunts: “Diesel Go With The Fake” by Publicis Italy & NY for Diesel
- New Use of Media: “The Land of Free Press” by TBWA/Helsinki for Helsingin Sanomat
- New Use of Media: “Fresh Prints” by McCann for Aldi
Innovation & Integration:
- Integrated Campaigns: “Viva la Vulva" by AMVBBDO for Essity Bodyform/Libresse
- Social responsibility Campaigns: “The Land of Free Press” by TBWA/Helsinki for Helsingin Sanomat
- Public Service & Charity Campaigns: “The Uncensored Playlist” by DDB Group (Germany) for Reporters Without Borders
- Content Ideas: “The Uncensored Playlist” by DDB Group (Germany) for Reporters Without Borders
- Creative Strategy: “Viva la Vulva" by AMVBBDO for Essity Bodyform/Libresse
- Design: “Block a Bloc” by Paula Gualler Sancho for BAU, Centre Universitari de Disseny
- Creative Ideas: “Collection, inspired by law” by Anastasia Khizhik for Mads Courses
- Design: “Out with it” by Jónsson og Lemack for The Icelandic Red Cross and Mental Health Alliance
- Creative Ideas: “Burton 2050 Winter Collection” by Dana Jurkjabe for Burton Snowboards