Little Black Book is looking for an experienced advertising industry journalist to grow and develop our editorial content from Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa and Central & Eastern Europe.
The role is full time and based in London but will involve occasional travel to industry events abroad.
LBB is one of the industry’s fastest growing online platforms for the advertising and creative communications industry. There is a huge scope for advancement in the role should the candidate have the right initiative and drive. The LBB editorial team is driving for growth across 2020 and are looking for candidates who want to help drive the company forward. There will be ample opportunity to expand the boundaries of this role.
- Ensuring that the site is up to date with news and creative advertising work from the above regions.
- Pitching, writing and researching features and profiles on key figures, important pieces of advertising work, and industry trends and issues from APAC, MEA and CEE
- Collaborating with the whole editorial team on special projects and white papers
- Curating and editing regular newsletters
- Maintaining and developing relationships with creative agencies, studios, production companies and marketers in the above regions.
- Business development – expanding membership and LBB presence in the regions.
- Collaborating with the whole editorial and content team to keep site content fresh and to assist, where appropriate, with social media strategy and content
- Journalism qualification accredited by reputable industry body (e.g. NCTJ, PPA etc)
- At least two years’ experience working on a trade or consumer title in an editorial capacity
- Proven passion for creativity and the cultures and economies of the APAC and/or MEA regions
- Experience working with CMS systems and of basic HTML
- A working knowledge of key social media platforms and strategies
- Lively, clear and engaging written prose style
- Inquisitive mindset and a demonstrable sense of initiative
- A professional manner and the confidence to speak to people of all walks of life and levels of seniority
- Experience of writing about the advertising industry or working within it
- Existing contacts within the international advertising and production industries, particularly in APAC, MEA or CEE
- A second language such as Arabic, Russian, Chinese, Thai or Japanese
- Video journalism skills
HOW TO APPLY
Please email Editor in Chief email@example.com with a covering letter, detailing your suitability for the role, together with a CV, three writing samples and references.
Deadline: 31st January 2020
Dependent on experience
APAC & MEA Editor