Colenso BBDO Group Creative Head Beth O'Brien Listed on Campaign Asia's 40 Under 40
Beth O'Brien, creative group head at Colenso BBDO, is one of two Kiwis to make the cut for Campaign Asia-Pacific's 40 Under 40 ranking for 2018.
O'Brien, who returned to 100 College Hill last year after a spell at Droga5 and R/GA New York, is chuffed with the news.
Says Dan Wright, executive creative director, Colenso BBDO: "Beth is an extraordinary creative. She's got that magic combination of naïve optimism and dogged determination. The thing you need to have is impossible ideas and make them survive the crushing ordeal of getting made. She's an endlessly generous and energetic creative leader. Plus, she's the only person that laughs at all my jokes."
In 2015 she headed to New York to take up associate creative roles at RGA and Droga5, where she created the Role Models spot for Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign, described by The New York Times and Forbes Magazine as "a masterpiece of political advertising" and a "Hall of Fame-level" ad.
O'Brien was welcomed back to New Zealand in 2017 to take up a group creative head position back at Colenso BBDO - an agency that remains dear to her heart and sparks her creative soul. In her spare time, O'Brien co-hosts the Love This podcast with colleague Joe Carter, and regularly speaks on the benefits of creative diversity at festivals like Semi Permanent.
Her work has been recognized at all major award shows including Cannes, D&AD, The One Show, Clio, Spikes and numerous local shows.
- Bea Atienza, Dentsu Aegis Network
- Aykan Azar, Octagon
- Neha Bansal, Grey
- Jonathan Beh, Cadreon China
- Sidharth Bhasin, Johnson & Johnson
- Caleb Bush, GPJ Australia
- Kathryn Carter, Snapchat
- Fleire Castro, Third Team Media
- Apurva Chamaria, RateGain
- Calvin Chan, AdMaster
- Matthew Cheng, DDB Beijing and Guangzhou
- Andrew Collins, Mailman
- Simon Fiquet, Brand Expedia
- Amaresh Godbole, Digitas
- Disha Goenka, Twitter
- Cheryl Goh, Grab
- Lisa Guo, Xaxis China
- James Hacking, BlueCurrent
- Robert Harvey, Dentsu Aegis Network
- Mandy Hou, Publicis Media
- Gemma Hudson, WE Buchan
- Samantha Jackson, Percolate Galactic
- Vincent Kan, [m]Platform, GroupM
- Leon Liu, BBDO Shanghai
- Daniel Lochmann, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Group
- Mitchell McBeath, Columbus, A Merkle Company
- Raymond McKay, RUNGautam Mehra, Dentsu Aegis Network
- Phang Mei Jeng, Ensemble Worldwide
- Beth O'Brien, Colenso BBDO
- Sayaka Ohno, TBWA Hakuhodo
- Dorothy Peng, R/GA
- Emily Poon, Ogilvy
- Ida Siow, J. Walter Thompson Worldwide
- Akira Suzuki, Dentsu Inc
- Anouk Van Bezu, Wunderman
- Radhe Vaswani, MullenLowe Profero
- Kasper Wandi, Consider iProspect
- Alpha Xu, ASAP+
- Mickey Zhang, [m]Platform, GroupM