Call for Entries for 2016 Australian Effie Awards Announced
The Communications Council has today announced the 2016 Call for Entries for the Australian Effie Awards, with the closing date set for Thursday 21 April.
Running for the eighth consecutive year, the awards celebrate the effectiveness of creative communications, recognising campaigns that can demonstrate outstanding measurable results.
Following an annual review, four new categories will be introduced this year to award work in important and evolving areas, including:
● Online Brands - for brands or services in any category that exist only online
● Use of Data - where data has been used to develop insights, target consumers and demonstrate results
● Environmental Sustainability - for marketing programs that have measurably shifted audience behaviour toward more environmentally sustainable choices
● Insight & Strategic Thinking - for campaigns that show the greatest insights and strategic thinking that lead to the communications idea and achieve marketing objectives
The full list of 24 categories is as follows:
● Best State Campaign
● Beverages – Alcoholic & Non-Alcoholic
● Digitally Led Ideas
● Environmental Sustainability
● Financial Services
● Food, Confectionery & Snacks
● Health and Well-being
● Insight & Strategic Thinking
● Long Term Effects
● Most Original Thinking
● New Product or Service
● Not For Profit & Cause Related Marketing
● Online Brands
● Other Consumer Goods
● Other Services
● PR-Led Campaign
● Return on Investment
● Short Term Effects
● Small Budget
● The Effective Advertiser of the Year
● Travel, Leisure & Media
● Use of Data
Effies Chairman, Anthony Freedman, said: “The Australian Effie Awards ceremony has become an important annual event for the marketing communications industry in Australia, providing both a showcase and a benchmark for excellence in the area that matters most to our clients – delivering results. For those considering entering this year, winning cases from the past seven years, and dedicated research on the habits of effective advertising, are available on our website to aid the entry process. Good Luck!”
For the second year running, agencies are also invited to nominate clients for the Effective Advertiser of the Year Award, to celebrate those who champion effectiveness.
An extended and final deadline of Thursday 5th May 2016 is available for those unable to meet the initial entry deadline of Thursday 21st April, though a late fee will be incurred.
Round One Judging will take place on 16th June, with finalists announced on 22nd June. Round Two Judging is set for 26th July.
All Effie winners will be announced at an awards dinner and presentation in Sydney on Thursday the 8th of September.
As the peak industry body representing agencies in the marketing communications industry, The Communications Council has been promoting effectiveness for more than 25 years through both the Australian Effie Awards and previously the AFA Effectiveness Awards. For further information about the Effie program and to enter visit www.effies.com.au.