VSI was founded in 1989 in London under the vision of Norman Dawood, who remains at the helm today. Privately owned since its inception, VSI London has made a name for itself by delivering high-quality, affordable, localised content for over 25 years, with a personal touch that only a family business can provide.
Norman Dawood is the son of NJ Dawood, translator of Tales from the Thousand and One Nights and other literary works. In 1958, NJ Dawood founded the specialist translation company Aradco, with which VSI works in close partnership and shares its premises in vibrant Fitzrovia.
VSI has state-of-the-art facilities in 21 of the world’s major media hubs, with over 200 dedicated global employees continuing to fulfil the family mantra of hard work, integrity and a commitment to customer care.
- We have been the localisation company of choice for many of the world’s leading brands since 1989.
- Each year, VSI localises hundreds of thousands of programme hours into over 50 languages.
- We have a long history of localising websites, as well as advertising and marketing material.
- Rapid response – our project managers and translation teams will quickly tackle any urgent queries or last-minute requests you might have.
- We offer attractive prices for subtitles for deaf and hard-of-hearing people and audio description.
The VSI Group is one of the world's most trusted localisation companies, specialising in the fast turnaround of high-quality content that captures the cultural voice of its target market.
Since establishing our London headquarters in 1989, our portfolio of long-standing clients has grown exponentially. This is a testament to the unrivalled services we provide, the professionalism with which we work and our commitment to our customers.
You will have full access to our worldwide resources, including our own global facilities and network of vetted and qualified linguists with sector expertise and knowledge of regional dialects.
We offer a fast, friendly and cost-effective service tailored to your every need, all arranged by a single point of contact. We also provide the necessary support to accommodate any last-minute changes or requests, without hesitation.
If you wish to discuss a project, contact us and one of our project managers will advise you on the best solution.