Rushes Head of Commercials CGI/VFX Supervisor
The main focus of the position will be to help win and then oversee the VFX Supervision work and provide creative and technical leadership for the VFX teams working on multiple projects around the company. Work closely with management team to develop specialisms and skillsets of employees as well as revenue growth.
Direct Reports: All employees of CGI & Motion GFX
• Experience supervising both on-set and in-house leading CGI and 2D teams.
• Excellent organisational, communication and project management skills.
• Thorough understanding of the VFX process and the ability to interpret the artistic brief from the Creative/Director/Production.
• You must have experience of managing all aspects of post-production including bidding and script breakdowns, scheduling, pipelines etc.
• Oversee progress of VFX jobs within facility.
• Work closely with overseas sister companies to promote our fantastic client offering and promote opportunities for clients and staff by working together to utilise skills and resources.
• Good technical understanding of CGI pipelines and the ability to specify efficient workflows and identify additional tools required.
• Previous experience with team management and task assignment for large team sizes including dealing with work related issues.
• Previous commercial industry experience with the ability to ensure artists work is of a high standard both artistically and technically.
• Previous experience training, mentoring and recruiting CG Artists essential.
• Work with Production to achieve most productive schedule for all VFX jobs.
• Advise clients and staff as to the best procedures for achieving high quality results, cost effectively.
• Attend client meetings where ideas / storyboards are being discussed.
• Attend shoots where necessary, or delegate as appropriate.
• Advise production as to best use of resources, both equipment and staff for coming weeks in VFX areas.
• Liaise with support departments about current and future technical requirements.
• Find new ways of working helping streamline the creative process.
• Help to grow new talent through the company.
• Help to write articles for press and magazines.
• Provide feedback to and interact with global Management team.
We welcome applications from VFX Supervisors and previous Heads of Dept as well as experienced CGI Artists. Along with your CV please submit a show reel demonstrating previous commercial’s visual effects and management experience.
Head of Commercials CGI/VFX Supervisor