JUNIOR WEB DESIGNER
We’re a creative production house specialising in audio, digital and video content.
Our work includes the following:
Radio and Spotify commercials, 3D audio creative, podcasts, immersive, audio experiences and audiobooks.
Website design and build, campaign microsites, Spotify interactive experiences, rich media units, web banners.
Brand storytelling, animation.
- In the last few years we’ve ticked off some pretty cool boxes:
- We’ve built up an amazingly talented team who deliver exceptional products for our clients every single day (there were eight of us four years ago, we’re nearly at 50 now)
- We’re Spotify’s official creative partner.
- We have a solid and regular pool of clients who we love working with.
- Our digital team is now 19 people strong and growing.
- Our audio facility is now 11 studios, including one of the few certified Dolby Atmos suites in central London.
- Last year we opened our New York office so we can expand our offering into new territories.
- We’ve presented interactive experiences, continually pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
- We always celebrate our successes along the way… we love an excuse for a party!
We’ve done a lot of things that we’re really proud of but we’re not stopping there, so we’re now looking for a Junior Web Designer to join our audio team.
We're creative (standard). We're honest and open. A swear jar would bankrupt us all. We're all equal and we laugh at ourselves...and each other. We're unconventional, productive and we do whatever it takes to get the job done. We like burgers. We always make time for each other and our clients. We live and breathe digital. We're all very different and we love that about our team. We like going to the pub...a lot. We praise each other and recognise achievements. We don't quit, we fix. We're kind and caring. We make a difference. We stick together and pick each other up when it's needed. We're people pleasers. We like to dance. We say please and thank you. We're passionate and motivated. We always leave our clients feeling good.
THE PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Our digital team is growing rapidly and we need a multi-skilled Junior Web Designer to join the team in our London office. Working across a range of digital design work, you will work closely with both the creative, development & account management teams.
You will need to be comfortable working proactively, as a team and as an individual. Your role is going to be very hands-on and will require someone with a great eye for digital design and understands trends in order to deliver great work for our global clients.
You need to be someone who understands that good design isn’t just about making things look great, it’s also about asking the right questions.
- Resourceful and independent – can work to deadlines and standards with minimum supervision.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- A proactive can-do attitude.
- 1-2 years design experience in a digital agency.
- At least 1 year of experience in designing for web & basic HTML and CSS to help realise ideas as compliant web pages.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Designing, editing & exporting banners
- Designing pre-sales mockups of simple campaign microsites
- Working closely with design, development and management teams on each project
- Creating website / microsite designs & layouts
- Working with front-end developers to ensure designs are functional
- Maintaining the visual quality of all wireframe & user journey documents
- Be knowledgeable and aware of new digital trends
- Executing simple animations in AE to demonstrate UI interactions
- Ability to interpret client briefs and bring them to life.
- A natural flair for digital design and understanding of layout and aesthetic coherence.
- Experience in user interface design.
- Able to integrate adhere to strict brand guidelines.
- Solid understanding of responsive design principles.
- An understanding of the fundamentals of UX.
- A solid understanding of designing intuitive functionality, interaction, user interfaces, and information architecture.
- Vector / illustration / icon design skills.
- Strong skills in Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch.
- Animation / After Effects experience.
- Ability to contribute to the creative team.
- Good mix of portfolio examples from different sectors.
- Experience in agile, or have an open-minded approach to process.
- Familiar with Invision.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary (based on experience) and commission structure.
- 25 days holiday.
- Creative working environment overflowing with talent.
- Relaxed office with flexible and remote working options.
- Bupa Medical Care.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- A very close team who enjoy social events regularly.
Red Apple Creative
Junior Web Developer
Perm, full time