Affiliated companies including RSA Films form transmedia network and Luke Scott assumes role of Global CEO
Ridley Scott has brought together all RSA Films affiliated companies in a multi-business restructure to form the Ridley Scott Creative Group. The Ridley Scott Creative Group strengthens the network across the affiliated companies to take advantage of emerging opportunities across all entertainment genres as well as their existing work in film, television, branded entertainment, commercials, VR, short films, documentaries, music video, design and animation, and photography.
Luke Scott will assume the role of Global CEO, working with Founder Ridley Scott, and partners Jake and Jordan Scott, to oversee the future strategic direction of the Ridley Scott Creative Group.
“We are in a new golden age of entertainment,” Ridley Scott commented. “The world's greatest brands, platforms, agencies, new entertainment players and studios are investing hugely in entertainment. We have brought together our talent, capabilities and creative resources under the Ridley Scott Creative Group, and I look forward to maximising the creative opportunities we now see unfolding with our executive team.”
The Ridley Scott Creative Group’s capabilities provide bespoke solutions in an evolving media landscape. The companies will continue to operate autonomously, but now offer clients synergy under the Group offering. The Group includes:
- Commercial production company RSA Films, featured in the 2018 Ad Age/Creativity Production Company A-List, and the powerhouse behind ads such as Apple’s iconic “1984,” Budweiser’s Super Bowl favorite “Lost Dog,” and more recently, Adidas Originals’ “Original Is Never Finished” campaign, as well as acclaimed branded content for Johnnie Walker, HBO, Jaguar, Ford, Nike and the ground-breaking BMW Films series
- Music video production company founded by Jake Scott, Black Dog Films (Justin Timberlake, Maroon 5, Nicki Minaj, Beyoncé, Coldplay, Björk and Radiohead)
- Entertainment marketing company 3AM, honoured this year with inclusion in Fast Company’s annual list of the Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Advertising and Marketing; commercial production company Hey Wonderful, a 2018 Ad Age/Creativity Production Company to Watch founded by Michael Di Girolamo
- Newly founded UK commercial production company Darling Films
- Film and television production company Scott Free (Gladiator, Taboo, The Martian, The Good Wife), which continues to be led by David W. Zucker - President, US Television, Kevin Walsh - President, US Film, and Ed Rubin - Managing Director, UK Television/Film.
“Our Scott Free Films and Television divisions are producing their best ever work and have an unprecedented number of movies and shows in production,” said Luke. “We are also seeing a huge appetite for branded entertainment from our brand and agency partners to run alongside high quality commercials. Our entertainment marketing division 3AM is extending its capabilities to all our partners, while Black Dog is moving into short films and breaking new, world-class talent. It is a very exciting time to be working in entertainment.”