Radio LBB: SMASH!
Whether in the studio at Clearcut Sound, in the studio at home or out and about in venues all over the world, my raison d’être is making and playing music. Everyone’s musical experiences and influences are different but hopefully, in this mix, you’ll feel what it is that makes me feel something.
I’ve been making music in some way since I was 16 and DJing since I was 15. Being able to combine these passions with a career in audio was a dream come true. There is a bit of my brain dedicated to reminding me on a daily basis how lucky I am to do what I love for a living.
Here, on behalf of all of us at Clearcut Sound, I offer up an eclectic mix that shows off one of my sets when playing for either The Wedding Smashers or at corporate events for clients such as Mercedes, Diageo or Volkswagen (to name a few, ahem, name-dropper). Combine this flavour with a few cuts I might play under the Reds moniker and you’ve got a little musical journey that everyone can get vibesy to.
1. Chuck Berry - 'Johnny B. Goode'
2. Little Richard - 'Good Golly Miss Molly'
3. Wilson Pickett - 'Land of 1000 Dances'
4. The Slickers - 'Johnny Too Bad'
5. Stevie Wonder - 'Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours'
6. Candi Staton - 'Young Hearts Run Free'
7. Gwen McCrae - 'All This Love That I'm Giving'
8. Rufus & Chaka Kahn - 'Ain't Nobody'
9. Prince - 'Raspberry Beret'
10. Whitney Houston - 'How Will I Know'
11. Daryl Hall & John Oates - 'You Make My Dreams'
12. The Notorious B.I.G. - 'Hypnotize'
13. Blackstreet - 'No Diggity'
14. True Peak x Popcaan - 'Way Up' Refix
15. SL2 - 'On a Ragga Tip'
16. REDS feat. Delhi Sultanate - 'Fever'
17. REDS feat. Tehbis - 'Green Lanes'
18. Rudimental - 'Never Let You Go' (Spectrasoul Remix)
19. Calibre & High Contrast - 'Mr Majestic'
Ed de Lacy is Sound Designer at Clearcut Sound