LBB: What We Really Do
As a platform that’s been doing things differently and disruptively, we find that people often aren’t aware of everything we really do and how the business model actually works. We’ve never operated like an old school trade publication – LBB has always behaved as a well-rounded resource with utility and creativity at its heart.
But it’s pretty easy to understand. Everything we do is centred around three pillars…
Pillar 1 – News + Opinion + Editorial = Fame
There are many smart users out there taking full advantage of what the news channel on our site delivers. In a world full of noise LBB is quickly becoming the place creatives and brands go to read about the creative world. It’s the only place they can see what post houses, production companies and agencies from all over the world are doing. And this news is not locked behind some daft paywall.
This has been our main driver for members and users. Our content is a blend of 50% user generated content (from you) and 50% editorial content (written by our ace editorial team).
• You can share your news directly to our front page – All news written by your company gets uploaded to our front page. No time wasted begging for coverage. This can be seen by over 10,000 creatives/brand managers a day. And you can measure how your news performs with transparent data on views and shares. Everything links back to your page driving more traffic to your other news and work.
• If you are working on something brilliant, let us know – our editorial team care about the industry. They are always on the lookout for exciting people and exciting work to talk about in their features and are open to ideas. Our editorial team have the independence to investigate the trends and issues that matter and they are working hard to dig out interesting people, businesses and stories from all corners of the industry.
• Opinion – With LBB you can write opinion (thought leadership pieces) and have this on our front page with the potential to be featured in our fortnightly ‘Influencer’ newsletter. You control whose profile you want to grow and sit back and watch the views and shares come in, all tying back to your page.
As a reader, you can filter the news channel in many ways to find the info you need. You can view it by country, city, region and work type. You can do a key word search or follow the companies you like best (or even compete with). From this news we create four info-packed newsletters every week.
As a member company, all your news sits on your ‘Page’. Quite simply, the more you use it, the more people read about you – it’s pretty democratic when you think about it. Plus the site is totally transparent, so you can see how many views your news and work is getting – allowing you to track what content is really working for you.
With LBB you control your business’s PR destiny and make your own plans all for less than the cost of a cup of coffee a day and you can become a member along with all the many great companies in ad land by clicking here and joining today.
Pillar 2 – The archive and collections
It’s not all about our fantastic news channel. The creative archive is an ever-growing research tool. The best companies in adland are uploading both their classic spots and their most recent campaigns. As they’re uploaded these spots are tagged and made searchable in the free-to-view archive, and are also added to your company profile page.
If you work for a creative company, you want everyone to see the work you make, right? Well, you can start uploading today.
• Upload your work to the fastest growing archive in adland
• Promote what you’ve made to thousands around the world who can actually view this content for free
• Measure performance of work with transparent views and shares
• Everything links back to your page driving more traffic to your other news and work
• You can also perform targeted searches and keep abreast of the competition
And here is the coolest news. Anyone can build collections using the work or news on the site. Click the ‘+’ symbol on any news story or piece of work to add it to a collection. And if your company’s work is there it will find itself being added to reels flying around agency creative departments!
Pillar 3 – The Immortal Awards
So, you’ve uploaded your news and you’re getting views from creatives all around the world. That’s ace – but we thought we’d add something else to LBB. Something that would change the game.
Allow us to introduce The Immortal Awards, our free-to-enter award show that’s open to all of Little Black Book’s global members.
An antidote to an increasingly archaic award show model, The Immortal Awards provides our members with an award that is:
• Free to enter – with up to five entries bolted on to your existing membership at no extra cost
• Easy to enter – allowing you to submit work straight from your LBB archive
• Hard to win!
• Finally, entrants can only enter a maximum of 5 entries, based on Sir John Hegarty’s belief that no one office ever really creates more than five ground-breaking pieces of work a year
Keep your eyes peeled as we’ll be launching The Immortal Awards website and call for entries very soon!
We believe that The Immortal Awards will be a game changer. It will be free for all members to enter, so if you’re interested in becoming a member, want to upgrade your membership, or just want to find out more about the awards then please contact Paul Monan, Awards Director; email@example.com