Call for Entries for 2017 Australian Effie Awards Announced
The Communications Council has today announced the 2017 Call for Entries for the Australian Effie Awards, with the closing date set for Thursday 20 April.
Running for the ninth consecutive year, the awards celebrate the effectiveness of creative communications, recognising campaigns that can demonstrate outstanding measurable results.
Following an annual review, three new categories will be introduced this year to award work in important and evolving areas, including:
• Marketing Solutions other than Communications - How the core solution to the marketing challenge helped a business to grow or overcome barriers using marketing levers other than communications e.g. product, pricing, distribution or innovation.
• Media-Led Idea - Media cannot exist without content, but this award is intended to recognise those cases that were led by the media thinking, and would not have been successful without the strategic media idea.
• Media Partnership Activation - Winners of this award will represent those advertisers and media partners that knew exactly where and how to connect with their audience via the assets of a media company.
The full list of 25 categories is as follows:
- Best State Campaign
- Beverages – Alcoholic & Non-Alcoholic
- Digitally Led Ideas
- Financial Services
- Food, Confectionery & Snacks
- Health and Well-being
- Insight & Strategic Thinking
- Long Term Effects
- Most Original Thinking
- Marketing Solutions other than Communications
- Media-Led Idea
- Media Partnership Activation
- New Product or Service
- Not For Profit & Cause Related Marketing
- Online Brands
- Other Consumer Goods
- Other Services
- PR-Led Campaign
- Return on Investment
- Short Term Effects
- Small Budget
- Travel, Leisure & Media
- Use of Data
CEO, Tony Hale, said: “The Australian Effie Awards ceremony has become an important annual event for the marketing communications industry in Australia, providing both a showcase and a benchmark for excellence in the area that matters most to our clients – delivering results. The Australian Effies continues to evolve with the changing nature of marketing communications. We anticipate the three new categories will generate strong interest”.
For the third year running, agencies are also invited to nominate clients for the Effective Advertiser of the Year Award, to celebrate those who champion effectiveness.
An extended and final deadline of Thursday 4th May 2017 is available for those unable to meet the initial entry deadline of Thursday 20th April, though a late fee will be incurred.
Round One Judging will take place online from 12-15th June, with finalists announced on 28th June. Round Two Judging is set for 31st July.
All Effie winners will be announced at an awards dinner and presentation in Sydney on Thursday the 31st of August.
As the peak industry body representing agencies in the marketing communications industry, The Communications Council has been promoting effectiveness for over 25 years through both the Australian Effie Awards and previously the AFA Effectiveness Awards. For further information about the Effie program and to enter visit www.effies.com.au.
Genre: PR , People , Strategy/Insight