Talent from across Europe headed to Lisbon for educational event
29 young European talents have been selected by the Art Directors Club of Europe (ADCE) to participate in the Creative Express, an exclusive educational program that, in its seventh edition, will take place in the Portuguese capital on the 12th and 13th July.
Co-organised by the Clube de Criativos de Portugal and the ADCE, this edition of the Creative Express challenges its young participants to develop ideas and communication strategies to involve the European creative community in the next edition of the ADCE European Creativity Festival which will be held in Barcelona on the 9th and 10th of November.
The fifth edition of the ADCE European Creativity Festival sets out to bring together the best and most influential professionals in creativity, innovation and European design to celebrate, reward and inspire the art of creativity, graphic design and new creative solutions through an inspiring program of conferences, workshops, awards and networking spaces.
HP Albrecht, director of the Creative Express, and Ivo Purvis, member of the Board of Directors of the ADCE, are entrusted with the responsibility of challenging the young participants to develop, in just two days, a communication campaign addressed to the members of the associations and creative clubs subsumed to the ADCE and the entire European community of creatives and designers. According to HP Albrecht, "If you want to see the idea “Europe” at work — the power and enthusiasm of borderless, young European creativity — watch the Creative Express. Especially in these days." All this in an exceptional setting: the market of Santa Clara in Lisboa, current headquarters of the Clube de Criativos de Portugal.
Organised into seven working groups, the young talents will also have a panel of prestigious Creative Directors who will act as mentors throughout the process: Charlotte Bufler, Saurabh Kakade -Serviceplan Munich- and Esra Gülmen -Heimat- from Germany, and Filipe Mesquita -This is Pacifica-, Paulo Pinto -HavasWW-, Pedro Lima -Partners- and Marcelo Lourenço -Fuel- from Portugal.
The young creatives come from 15 European countries and have been selected by their respective local associations, members of the ADCE. As in previous editions, the participants are under the age of 28, and have at least two years of experience in the sector. They are:
- AUSTRIA, Sebastian Kubik, Designer, Studio VIE
- CZECH REPUBLIC, Mikolás Gál, Art Director, Kreatorium s.r.o
- ESTONIA, Andreas Roosson, Graphic Designer, Hmmm Creative Studio
- ESTONIA Pamela Sume, Art Director, Hmmm Creative Studio
- FINLAND, Hanna Valle, Graphic Designer, Miltton Creative
- GERMANY, Svenja Kremin, Architecture for Brand Spaces and Design, VOSS+FISCHER
- GERMANY, Corinna Ruttert, Communication Designer, MUTABOR Design GmbH
- IRELAND, Katie Kidd, Art Director, Boys + Girls Ltd.
- ITALY, Nicola Nannavecchia, Art Director, Luis Ciccognani SAS
- ITALY, Anna Speranza Ambrosio, Art Director, Antville
- ITALY, Raffaele Cortese, Art Director & Graphic Designer
- PORTUGAL, Patricia Cordeiro, Designer, Big Fish
- PORTUGAL, Cláudio Soares, Copywriter, JWT
- PORTUGAL, Sílvia Antunes, Graphic/Motion, Freelancer
- PORTUGAL, Pedro Barroso, Digitas, Leo Burnett
- ROMANIA, Cristina Cazacu, Art Director/Graphic Designer, TBWA
- ROMANIA, George Bucurescu, Copywriter, Jazz Communication
- SLOVAKIA, Jaroslav Vigh, Senior Copywriter, Zaraguza
- SLOVENIA, Marusa Hrovat, Luna TBWA
- SLOVENIA, Medeja Krasevec, Copywriter, Luna TBWA
- SPAIN, Genís Carreras, Graphic Designer, Studio Carreras
- SPAIN, Alba Font, Graphic Designer David Torrents Studio
- SPAIN, Libe Amunarriz, Art&Copy, DDB Barcelona
- SPAIN, Iratxe Reparaz, Art, DDB Barcelona
- SWITZERLAND, Yaël Kölliker, Experience Designer, Namics AG
- SWITZERLAND, Laura Hofer, Art Director, Contexta
- UKRAINE, Oleksandr Yavorskyi, Copywriter, Ogilvy Ukraine
- UKRAINE, Maryan Shum, Art Director, Think McCann Kyiv
- UNITED KINGDOM, Leanne Blossom
The six previous editions of the Creative Express have taken place in Rome (2017), Helsinki and Tirol (2015), Munich and Amsterdam (2014) and Innsbruck-Vienna (2013).