10 New Year's Wishes with McCann Colombia's Samuel Estrada
It's that time of the year when you start to reflect on what you did, what you did not do, and what you wished you could have done. And at the same time you start looking at the year to come and start wondering and doing some wishful thinking of what to expect for 2018. Me? Well, I am a pessimist by nature, therefore I am not really used to looking forward and hoping for the best. But if just once I could wish in an optimistic manner, here is more or less how it would go.
1. I wish 2018 could have more brands talking to people, not consumers
2. I wish more people would create pro bono quality work for brands
3. I wish golds, silvers a bronzes would stay in their metal state and not convert into 7 points, 5 points and 3 points on statistic state
4. I wish a very rocky and difficult road for the robots that want to become creative directors
5. I wish I could stop scrolling through Facebook at some point
6. I wish that every client has a happy and great year (the political wish)
7. I wish pitches could be more about the work you can do and not about the work you did
8. I wish that I can find a vacation spot with no data coverage and no Wi-Fi
9. I wish that we don’t find more than 350 Trump ads at the next Cannes Lions
10. I wish that data will fall in love with me and vice versa
There it is! I think you will agree that it's not too much to ask.
Samuel Estrada is CCO and MD of McCann Colombia