With a heritage stretching back nearly 200 years, our clients is one of the world’s foremost English-language publishers, offering the best-quality content right across the spectrum, from enduring classics to cutting-edge contemporary fiction; from digital dictionaries to online curricula; and pretty much everything in between. An opportunity exists to join their dynamic, commercially driven and innovative sales team. The Creative Solutions team deliver ground breaking content partnerships and open up new channels to market their content. Working across the group’s diverse portfolio of imprints, the team are responsible for maximising the commercial aspects of the content as well as gaining additional reach/exposure for our brands.
Purpose of the Role
This is a new business role, the priority is to pro-actively open new commercial channels for our clients products and sell in our publishing/editorial expertise to third parties, with particular focus on Media Agencies, Advertising Brands and Media Owners. This will involve pitching existing titles/author brands and bespoke concepts into these sectors at a senior level. Working with senior sales/editorial counterparts to develop revenue and marketing lead opportunities. This role is focused on securing new business and offers a varied and exciting creative sell. Producing and delivering engaging creative concepts, via written pitches or in personal presentations, to senior decision makers, is a vital and regular part of this role.
- Initiate and drive business strategies to open up new routes to market for content and deliver incremental revenue across the portfolio. Responsible for delivering a personal revenue and margin budget of new business as well as working with the team to hit a team targets.
- Proactively prospect for new business/clients, identify and pursuing new viable leads. Use trade contacts, trade press and have an overall awareness/view of the media market.
- Establish a database of senior business contacts and cultivate strong working relationships across Media Agencies, Brands and Media Owners. Meeting and speaking regularly with media planners, partnership specialist, marketing directors and promotional managers.
- Establish and build new accounts, actively servicing account, up selling, pitching products and bespoke concepts on a regular basis. Driving a new client count, to ensure that our client is leveraging and engaged across all markets and sectors.
- Manage/supervise all aspects of sales from brainstorming, writing the pitch, presenting concept of idea to the client, delivery of product, liaising and working closely with the project coordinator, editorial, sales, and designer.
- Responsible for preparing and delivering robust revenue forecasts for your agreed sectors, as well as sales and strategy presentation for your selected divisions.
- Chair regular meetings with Editors, Sales, Trade Marketing, Digital and Production to develop new business opportunities and to capitalise on existing relationships. Working with Marketing/PR and editorial to fully exploit and enhance our author brands and products.
- Developing relationships internally at all levels to facilitate communication of opportunities across the group.
- This position is a fairly autonomous role and the candidate will be expected to make rudimentary decisions in the day to day running of the department.
- Proven sales person with strong negotiation skills
- Ability to create and sell creative concepts to senior clients
- Commercially astute
- Self-motivated and results driven – hungry for the sale
- Determination and resilience with an upbeat positive approach
- Creative and lateral thinker
- Confident and experienced presenter
- A team player with strong communication and people skills
- Significant experience in a media partnerships / Sales / business development role, preferably within media agency, display advertising, sponsorship, brand partnerships or licensing
- Proven experience in closing deals and meeting aggressive sales targets
- Track record of working with media agencies and brands
- Experience of new business development, including sourcing / creating opportunities and negotiating deals
- Works well under pressure and autonomously
- Driven by achievement
- Sense of humour
- Natural creative friendly sales person
£30-40k plus bonus
Creative Solutions Manager