Reporting to the Head of Promotions, this role will be to grow EMI Production Music Library revenue streams by increasing client base, maintaining existing relationships across all media types and effectively promoting the entire catalogue to all clients.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
· Attend weekly sales meetings and contribute with research from the trade press and creative ideas.
· Support Head of Promotions with general production department tasks.
· Proactively identifying, approaching establishing and maintaining relationships with clients through calls and face to face meetings with the goal of selling EMI Production Music and increasing revenue.
· Conducting face to face meetings with clients and prospective clients approx 4 - 5 a week, at locations throughout London and Regionally.
· Responsible for converting and overseeing registrations from the EMI PM website.
· Conducting efficient music searches using the EMI PM online search system (PLAY).
· Supporting the sales team through creating bespoke playlists, as well as copying, maintaining and delivering Hard Drives.
· Contributing ideas for marketing and supporting marketing team on the effective delivery of events, mailers and merchandise.
· Co-ordinating ideas and timelines for new promo items and client parties
· Obtaining detailed feedback on catalogue needs and efficiency of website from clients to report back to global production team.
· Knowledge of EMI Production Music’s digital systems in order to demonstrate at clients meetings.
· Entertaining clients at gigs, networking events, lunches and conferences – can be outside of office hours.
· Job Specific Skills
o Confidence and initiative to set up and attend face to face meetings (identifying leads in trade press, making cold calls).
o Ability to gather effective feedback from clients and report back to sales and production teams.
o Extensive music knowledge and ability to learn all EMI production music catalogues.
o Ability to work well as part of a team and contribute to the growing revenue of the department and organisation.
o Knowledge of production music licensing via PRS advantageous.
o Fluent in English.
o Ability to communicate in a courteous and professional manner.
o Ability to escalate issues appropriately.
o Ability to influence and develop others positively.
· Teamwork & Collaboration
o Effective at working with internal colleagues and external bodies.
o Be flexible and cooperative with the needs of the sales team such that, to achieve deadlines, there may be a requirement for cross-functional work to be undertaken as directed by the Senior Sales staff.
o Open-minded and motivated to recommend changes to processes and procedures where this would result in a more effective service.
o Respond appropriately to direction regarding Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements.
· Time & work management
o Ability to prioritise workload efficiently to ensure all responsibilities are met and delivered on a timely basis and open issues are followed through and resolved satisfactorily.
o Ensure that where there are planned absences or holidays, appropriate documentation and hand-over procedures are in place to ensure that Sales team can continue an appropriate and professional service.
o Consult line manager where appropriate to communicate issues, ideas or solutions, solve problems and ensure customer service levels are maintained.
· Initiative & motivation
o Flexible, effective and enthusiastic approach to the role.
o Continuously strives to deliver an effective service, looking for new opportunities and approaches to improvement.
o Individual prepared and motivated to be part of a changing environment with an interest in developing the role, skills and relationships.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to RecruitmentUK.SonyATV@sonyatv.com
EMI Production Music
Junior Promotions Executive