TBC Dependent on Experience
Description/Roles & Responsibilities
3angrymen are a production company that specialise in creating branded short-form content. We work with clients including the NSPCC, Childline, Schroders, LinkedIn, Uber, Build Africa, The Scouts Association and Channel 4.
Whoever the client, whatever the brief, our mission is to make films that matter - whether that be an animation aimed at teenagers, a documentary for a charity or an internal comms piece for an international bank.
We’re looking for an In-house Director to join our team, to help us continue producing great films for a variety of clients. You will work with our in-house team, as well as freelance creatives and be responsible for the creative quality of the films you work on.
The role is focussed on filmmaking; you will write concepts in response to client briefs, do further creative development on projects that get the go-ahead (e.g. storyboarding, scripting, casting), direct shoots and work with our post-production team towards delivery. You will work very closely with our in-house Producers to make sure that projects stay within client specs, that quality standards are maintained and that budgets/timelines are adhered to.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone to work on a constant stream of video projects with a tightly knit-team of ambitious filmmakers. We are looking for someone with experience of producing innovative, polished films, who knows their way around the latest cameras and is keen to find new ways to tell stories in video.
Essential Skills & Requirements
The candidate must
- have at least three years relevant directing experience
- be able to demonstrate a passion for creating films
- know how to transfer an idea from page to screen
- be competent operating cameras, basic grips and sound kit
- be very comfortable and confident in client-facing situations
- be a confident leader and creative contributor
- be able to work with client feedback and constructive criticism
- be extremely organised, a proactive planner
- have experience of writing director’s treatments
- have excellent working knowledge of Adobe Premier
- have excellent written and spoken English
- be enthusiastic about producing a variety of content, both corporate and creative
Ideally the candidate will also
- have a good list of crew/industry contacts
- be a keen follower of industry trends
If you like our work and think you can make it even better, are certain that you fit the criteria above and are interested in becoming a Director with 3angrymen, please apply by sending:
a copy of your CV (PDF)
A 1-page cover letter (PDF)
links to three recent, relevant pieces of work that you have directed
Please send these to email@example.com and use the subject line ‘Director Application’. Applications will not be considered unless these stipulations are adhered to.
17th March 2017